Safari page tearing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scarlet Fever, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

In most sites, when i scroll down, Safari seems to occasionally tear the pages. Scrolling until they are out of sight then returning seems to help, but its not a solution to the problem. I have tried repairing permissions, logging out and restarting. I think i may have done fsck as well, but im not sure. i'll do it now.

It happens on my MacBook and my parents MacBook Pro. Below is a pic of what happens. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

1. does deleting the pref files solve anything?
    2. to test if its safari's problem, try download a webkit nightly build, see if u have same problem. if webkit doesn't have this problem, and #1 doesn't solve it, then maybe download a safari build and re-install it.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

another thing, do u have saft or safaristand or whatever addon installed? u might want to uninstall them and try again

4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I've seen this too, not often, but now and again.

5. moonislune macrumors regular

So when you hit refresh, does the tearing go away? Is it consistent on a site or just random? Maybe there's no connection to Apple Updates, but I haven't experienced tearing recently. In Apple updates from 10.4.5-10.4.7 I got some significant tearing and moved to Firefox 2. In 10.4.8 I went back to Safari and no more tearing.

Just a couple of things that may or may not help...

Empty safari cache
    Repair permissions from boot disk
    Try the same url in another browser

6. Scarlet Fever thread starter macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

hmm... its not happening now... i dont know what i did but whatever i did has fixed it :p

Thanks for the help, anyways :)