safari/pdf help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jwhMac28, Dec 16, 2006.

1. jwhMac28 macrumors member

i recently put adobe reader back on my computer after not having it for a few years, and now pdfs wont open in safari via preview. does anyone know how i can change safari's default pdf viewer back to preview? it's probably something simple that i just overlooked, but i would appreciate any help. thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The only thing I'm aware of that you can do is to Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ and trash the Adobe Acrobat plugin. The consequences of this though is that it will not be able to do plug-in PDFs in any program. Depending on how you installed Acrobat, it may be in the internet plug-ins folder in the home directory's library or in the root library.

3. jwhMac28 thread starter macrumors member

hey thanks, it worked! i really appreciate it!

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Any time! :) Be aware that you will need to re-install this plug-in if you choose to use Firefox, etc, or else you will not have PDF preview capability in those apps (as they do not support the built-in PDF engine as far as I know). The option I personally use in Firefox is Schubert It's plug-in (I don't have / can't stand Acrobat :eek: )