safari plug-ins

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dontmatter, Jul 26, 2004.

1. dontmatter macrumors 6502a

I can't get, from many sites (such as OLN, trying to get video of armsrtrong's finish), safari to play audio or video with any degree of regularity. The best running is WMA :eek: :eek: :eek:

even more eek, is that QUICKTIME didn't work for the tour de france stuff. Quicktime!

and the thing is, I can't figure out any relevant preferences, or any way to try to change this. Anyone know how plugins work and are controled in safari?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There are no Safari plug-ins, per se. These plug-ins are stored in either the Internet Plug-ins folder in your user Library or in the Internet Plug-ins folder in the system Library. They are accessible to all browsers without preference.

OLNtv.com uses Windows Media. You cannot expect QuickTime to play it. You need to go to Microsoft's web site and download the Mac version of Windows Media Player 9.

3. dontmatter thread starter macrumors 6502a

but no, they had a windows media version, and a quicktime version, and I clicked on quicktime. And, I've got windows media. Not to mention, I can rarely play radio through the link on the browser, (IE, using the plugin) with any player, and instead have to go into real or QT or WMP and play from there, and that only sometimes works.

Thanks for the info.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You are welcome ... however.

Before I posted my previous response, I actually went to the OLNtv site and browsed around for video clips. I saw Windows Media clips, exclusively. I could find no QuickTime clips.

5. RubberChicken macrumors regular

RubberChicken

I tried the Quicktime clip of Armstrong taking the podium and it played fine, although it played it externally in Quicktime, not within Safari.