Safari printing issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eclipse525, Mar 10, 2004.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2003
    USA, New York
    So...I'm on a webpage and found this article I wanted to print out. I click on the link next to the story that say's "printer friendly version" and as promised, a printer friendly version appears. Problem is that when I print it, Safari seems to condense something that should fill up 8.5x11 sheet to half a page and spreads it over 5 pages oppose to 1 or maybe 2 if it used the full page. How do I fix this problem? I do not have this problem with Internet Explorer. In fact, I.E. has a nice option "fit to page" which works nicely.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Feb 11, 2004
    eclipse, I've had that problem in OS 9 as well as OS X and it seems that each "site" I visit is different. sometimes changing my screen resolution works or just copy paste the text into "Text Editor" and print it from there. If you can set the preferences in Safari to override the sites defaults then that may work. I get pages that I view just fine (say maybe 12pt font size) but when I print it it comes out so small I need my magnifying glass to read it!!!