safari printing problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Jan 17, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,
    I'm using Safari (1.2.4) on OSX (10.3.7) and I was just on the Hertz web site and was navigating well until I tried to open a Printer Friendly Form dialog box. Nothing happened. I had to print the entire page as seen. I found a cheaper rate so I went back in to cancel the reservation. Again, everything went well, until I tried to hit the Cancel button. Again I couldn't. For the heck of it, I opened up Microsoft Explorer for Mac and I could do both, get a Printer Friendly form up and Cancel my reservation.

I'm curious why I couldn't accomplish these things with Safari. I love Safari. This is the first time I couldn't accomplish a task using it, other than viewing videos on MSNBC.com.

Any thoughts.

Thanks.

Frank

2. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

3. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm since you mentioned firefox, i love it but its being a brat about secured forms... i always get some kind of error or something. but when i get to IE its fine. oh well i will continue my search on firefox.

4. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I have never experienced this problem with FireFox.

5. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Right... thanks for the help... :rolleyes:

BTW: I had the same problem with the Hertz website... It seems that their web programmers are not taking into account people not using IE. That being said, I had to use IE in order to use the Hertz page properly. Firefox wouldn't work properly on certain portions of the site. That's the risk associated with not using the crappy standard that the rest of the trolls use.

6. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

I always have an open mind to new software. What is so great about FireFox. Why should I add a third browser <g> to my Powerbook????

As Costanza would say,"details, I want details<g>."

Thanks.

Frank

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Don’t know if this is a feature or a bug in Firefox, but when I have two windows open next to each other, I can move over the mouse and use the scroll wheel to scroll through the page. In Safari, I have to click on the other window first to make it active. But this has one BIG downside. After having used Firefox all of my apps suddenly start in the background. This is so uncomfortable that I deleted Firefox.