Safari printing problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Le Big Mac, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Haven't seen this before--I can't print in Safari (or IE, making it even odder). I bring up the print dialog, and it's empty. Clicking on any button other than cancel brings up an error message.

Haven't installed any new software recently. Only thing I can think of is maybe the acrobat plug in, but that's been going a couple of weeks. Tried restart, repair prefs. No love. Ideas?

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This looks to me like a corrupt printer driver. The easiest way to fix this is to go to the printer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest driver for your printer, and try again.

3. Le Big Mac thread starter macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

printing from other programs works fine. Choosing another printer (on a network here) leads to the same error message.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The only reasonable cause I can think of that explains your symptoms is a corrupt browser plug-in. Plug-ins are global to all Mac OS X browsers, explaining why both Safari and IE fail to work, and other programs work just fine. Check the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder (starting from the root of the hard drive - this is where most plug-ins live) and, just in case, ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins (inside your user folder).