Safari Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Damien, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Damien macrumors regular

Every time i try to access my Uni's local portal instead of being asked to input mt user name and password via a alert box (and yes, i have allowed pop ups) i get an error page that says:

it works fine in firefox, any ideas

2. Damien thread starter macrumors regular

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Your Uni webserver doesn't like Safari. Have a look around for a way to enable the Safari "de-bug" menu. From here you can set Safari to identify itself as another browser.

From what I recall it was a pretty simple procedure but I can't recall how to do it.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Assuming that is your problem, you can download Safari Enchancer and easily change the identification buy a nice GUI.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Could it also be possible that Safari is storing an old password and is automatically trying to login or something? Perhaps wacking the cache or checking your Keychain for the Uni website credentials would fix it as well.

6. Damien thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried the debug method, no dice. :(

Reset safari as well :(

EDIT: I tired changing to make to pretend to be firefox, this time it asked for my password. It still did the error page after however, and i did enter right password

7. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

when i try to access my companies webmail i get the same message. reset safari/empty cache usually works for me.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

Have you tried using a different browser completely, not just using Debug to "fool" the site?

Are you sure it's the right password? ;)

9. Damien thread starter macrumors regular

Yep all other browsers work, and yes tis right password. Safari does seem to have issues with certain pages

10. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Just a thought,

Could it be a firewall issue?

I've been having issues with connecting to FTP properly because of my OS X firewall was blocking certain communications.

Have you tried momentarily disabling the firewall and trying in Safari?...just a quick elimination, just thought it was worth a quick shot to narrow it down!...:)

11. Damien thread starter macrumors regular