Safari problem...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clintob, Sep 30, 2006.

1. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

Hopefully someone else has run into the same issue...

For some strange reason, my Safari has begun to act very quirky lately. I have Dual 2.5 Powermac G5 connected wirelessly with an Airport Express. That setup (the Airport) is fine - my connection is full, and when I connect with my Powerbook I don't have the same issue.

Long story short, my Safari, at random times, will stop loading a page and just sit idle for 30 seconds or so. No beachball or anything - just kinda hangs on loading a page. It's not a particular page... happens randomly. Eventually, the hangup clears itself up, the page finished loading (at full speed) and everything returns to normal. I can also quit Safari and open it back up immediately and everything is fine again as well.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem??? It's not life or death, but it's definitely pretty irritating, especially when I have a few tabs open at once and don't want to quit and reopen.

2. mpw Guest

Sounds familiar, I sometimes just refresh and it'll bump it along.

3. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Try running a utility like Cocktail. Because this seems like a Safari issue, I'd enable all of the Safari and network options in the Cocktail "Pilot" options pane.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

Try resetting Safari (in the Safari menu, scroll down to "Reset Safari..."). If that doesn't work, switch browsers!

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Usual, delete prefs, repair permission, etc. Maybe try Saft, or Onyx, or Cocktail, as mentioned. Has some options to change things in Safari. Play with that a little, but remember what you've changed in case it makes it worse. If nothing else, try FireFox or another browser. If it happens there too, it's a problem with your computer. I'm guessing it's a problem with Safari though.

Maybe try Webkit, and make sure you've updated to 10.4.8.