Safari problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elbennet, Jan 29, 2007.

1. elbennet macrumors member

Hi all,

My mom works on a website for my high school's band program. She would regularly have me check it through Safari to make sure everything cam through alright (she's using FrontPage.....I know I know). A few days ago, everything was fine, but now every time I go to the website, I get beachballs and have to hold down the power button to turn my computer off - I can't even force quit Safari. The website loads fine on Firefox. Any ideas? Is it my computer's problem or my mother's website?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

any change to the website in these "few days"?

3. elbennet thread starter macrumors member

She originally had some mp3s on the home page, but she took them off b/c she had originally thought that those were the problem, but I still can't get the website. Other than that, just text updates, nothing major I would think.

the address is www.lakotaeastbands.org if that helps

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

My guess would be when she took down the mp3, there are some error when frontpage processing the operation.

let me go step by step
    do u have problem loading this page?
    http://www.lakotaeastbands.org/news.html

this is the embeded frame in the link u give out (I don't even know why there is an embeded iframe, since the whole page only have one frame.)

5. elbennet thread starter macrumors member

yeah, Safari froze and I had to restart when I clicked on that link.

My mom said she thought she got rid of all the frames - she's new at this.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh my, this frontpage is scary, it uses 50 font tag to define one sentence, jesus, i would guess it need some clean up, before ppl can even begin to analysis where is the problem. i will post back later when i get time.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

the webpage is not very complicated, so my suggestion would be to re-write it with NVU or Dreamweaver, there are many problems in that page, and it will take more time to fix it than re-write it.