safari problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HughJ, Jul 24, 2006.

1. HughJ macrumors regular

i have been trying to get onto a site, on a couple of occasions its worked fine but the majority its really plays up, as soon as the front page loads, its comes up with an error message about not being able to display MIME content...and then the whole system hangs....so i have to restart the machine by holding down the power button, but i tried to get on again...it hung again so i just left it..about 15minutes later the following window appeared.......has anyone every seen anything like this before?

[​IMG]

its just chinese/japanese text containing just two characters

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I made an inference regarding the URL of the site in question and visited in Camino. It loaded three quarters of the way and then automatically downloaded a file that hung my whole machine --

xpl.wmf

May be perfectly harmless, but I don't need any Windows Metafiles kicking around, thanks.

In short, the problem probably isn't Safari, but whatever junk this site -- or it's proffy209 alias -- is trying to force onto your machine.

Maybe the site is legit, but it doesn't seem much good comes of visiting it.

3. HughJ thread starter macrumors regular