Safari Problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stridder44, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but Safari (or any browser for that matter) has trouble with pages that have a lot of images in them (for example a site that has a photoshop contest or something). Half the images will load, then (browser name) will just sit there, look like it's loading more images, but will eventually time out. Reloading will show more images, but even then it still might not display them all.

I have a solid internet connection, use 10.4.9, have cleared the cache/cookies/history, I have no idea why load times are an issue. I do use one app, Broadband Optimizer, but I don't see why that would be an issue. And ideas?

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I assume you are using the machine you have listed below in your sig?
    Do you leave it on for very long periods of time?
    I have had similar problems in the past, but they go away after a bit. How about running activity monitor just to see what is drawing on the processor.

3. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Yup I'm still using the iMac and often leave it on for most of the day (turn it off at night).

And drawing on the processor? I could have just restarted and opened only Safari and it would still have the same problem, so I know it's not that.

4. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

then maybe the site you are checking out is just a piece of crap or it has a heavy draw on it server. I duno dude, best help I could offer with this type of question.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

stupid question, but do you know for sure that it's limited to safari? have you tried it with firefox?

6. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

No it's a good question, but yes I've tried it with Firefox (2.0.0.3) and Camino a while back.

And no it's not just the one site, it's with any. If there's a lot of images on the page, only half of them will load. Reloading will bring up a few more, but there'll still be some missing. Reload again, and more will come up, but some still not showing. Etc, etc, lather, rinse, repeat.

Just for *****s and giggles, here's an example page.

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

that's interesting. i had to reload once to get all the images to load. firefox had no problems.

8. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

yep same problem here. a reload allowed more pic's to show up but still some was half loaded . firefox and other browsers had no problem.

i have also seen a few problems not related to this (it wasn't like that in 10.4.8) but it started having the problem when i updated to 10.4.9. i don't know why that would affect the way a browser works . unless its a change somewhere related to safari.