Safari Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Oct 23, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

Jan 2, 2004
    New Jersey
    Anyone finding that certain web sites don't work with safari? I found two today, and I don't remember having any trouble in the past. I was trying to order Verizon DSL for a friend online and the web site did not work until I tried it in FireFox. Then I tried to open my Gmail account last night and tonight, I could not get in. It did work the other day when I first set it up. I tried in FireFox and got in fine.

I'm thinking about using FireFox only now. What are you guys finding?
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....Safari works on almost every website I go to and I still prefer it as my main browser....I use Firefox and Omni as "back ups." I have noticed that gMail does not always load properly but when that happens I just hit the reload button and it then comes up fine....oh yeah!
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i use Safari and Camino as my browsers no compatibility issues to day, even with my bank, sometimes Gmail would fail to load all the way, but a quick refresh was all that was needed
  4. Natalia81 macrumors regular

Aug 7, 2004
    I've noticed it doesn't work right on MTV's site and a couple of others.
  5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    I don't visit a ton of different websites, but I can honestly say that I have never experienced one problem with Safari and websites. I use it as my main browser and it works great. I'm not sure why Gmail wouldn't work for you, I'm sure there must be many Mac users out there who access it via Safari...
  6. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    yeh, i founf that one out yesterday. it says it only works with internet explorer and then you try and and it still doesnt work!
  7. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    I use Safari exclusively and I love it. I've heard it doesn't work well with some banking websites, but I don't use online banking. I had an issue with Safari not liking (online insurance) or the O2 phone shop, but IE for Mac or FireFox worked with no problems on these sites.

I find the vast majority of sites work fine with Safari though.