safari question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by expergo, Nov 26, 2004.

1. expergo macrumors regular

i just got my first mac over a week ago (ibook) and there are still somethings that i have not figured out unless they can't be figured out. lol. for safari...when clicking on a link, if that link is supposed to open in a new window, is there away to make all links open in tabs instead?

i already have it set to open in tabs when i open from other apps, but it gets a little annoying when i'm in a forum and click on a link to an outside page and that opens a window.

any help appreciated. thanks!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You're supposed to Command-click any link in Safari you want in a new tab. That's what I do, and I use that little shortcut all the time. Command+Option-click will either put the new tab in the background or foreground, depending on your "select new tabs as they are created" preference (Command-click does the other one).

3. deryk macrumors regular

There is a way to have a link automatically open in a new tab (I've set my Safari up this way). I think you can enable this in Safari preferences; however, I'm at work on my windows computer and can't verify how to exactly do this.

4. expergo thread starter macrumors regular

yeah...i know about the command+click thing. hehe.. but i want to be able to just click on it and for it to open in a tab. i don't always use both hands...yes, i'm lazy. hehe. :)

thanks

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't think Safari has a preference for that. Besides, most people don't want a boatload of tabs for every link they clicked on. Besides, that's what SnapBack is for!

6. deryk macrumors regular

Oh, I was thinking about links that open in a new page. Those can be forced to open in a new window in preferences.

You're right, I don't know of a way to force links to open in a new tab besides comand click.