Safari Quits Unexpectedly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by FadeToBlack, May 19, 2005.

1. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I installed Tiger on Monday and everything was completely fine until yesterday after I installed 10.4.1. I got 2 unexpected quits in Safari. That's not normal behavior. (I only got 2 of those in 6 months on Panther) So anyway, someone on another forum told me to write 0's to the HD before I done the Tiger install, but I had forgotten to do that, so I figured that maybe that could have had something to do with Safari crashing. So I woke up today and had 1 more unexpected quit and decided to go ahead and do another clean install, except this time, I'd write 0's to the HD. Well, I did that and all was well until a couple of minutes ago. I decided to go ahead and download the 10.4.1 update again and give it a shot. It didn't get to finish downloading. I was surfing around the forums here and all of a sudden, Safari quits again. Anyone else having this problem? I know that Tiger is still in it's early stages and everything and the bugs aren't completely worked out yet, but I was just wondering if anyone else was getting the unexpected quits?

I'd post the crash log, but it's too long to post.

2. monty77 macrumors 6502

Writing zeros does b*gger all IMO...and you've kind of proved that in this instance.

I've had a few Safari crashes since Tiger, mainly when using tabbed browsing and have a lot of tabs open and active. As you say, never had this problem in Panther.

I have a couple of other Apps that crash too .. Canon Image Browser and ACDSee .. always when creating thumbnails of folders which have lots of images to process - I'm thinking it's a rendering thing.

Adam

3. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

What did you mean by "Writing zeros does b*gger all?"

BTW, Safari hasn't crashed anymore since I posted this.