Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2012
This is a potential bug that was present in the later Betas and now the public release.

It's happened to me on a few websites where you click the Reader button and it opens a completely different webpage to that you were reading.

As an example, this webpage sports story;

Selected test news story example

Is changing to this story for me when I enter Reader mode;

Story shown when Reader mode engaged

Could someone else please try this for me?

Just click on the original link and then select Reader mode and confirm that it changes to a different webpage.

Cheers.

Oh I'm on a 4S with iOS 7 GM browsing in Private Mode.

EDIT: it's even worse than I thought as it appears to be changing to random webpages. I closed the page and reopened it with the forum link above and it then changed to a story about boxer David Haye.

samanthas

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2005
Portland, OR
Hiya.

The first time i checked it out it took me to the right story. 2nd time it took me to "David Haye ‘devastated’ after cut forces him to postpone Tyson Fury fight" and then i got the correct one again. Now i keep on getting the david haye one. Weird.

The second link goes to a different story too.

Oh and i'm on an ipad 3 running ios7.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Thank you very much for checking. Seems there may be a slight issue with Reader mode then on some websites after all.

Hopefully a few more forum members could try the links and we can prove this definitively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.