Safari redirects to search page

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seans9, Sep 22, 2005.

1. seans9 macrumors member

about 2 of every 5 times i try to go to a website i get transfered to this page that displays search information based on what website i type in.

For example, when i try to go to weather.com i get transfered and the page displays lists of weather sites.

Ive noticed in the source that it shows this:

http://apps5.oingo.com/apps/domainp...=TELE39H7&s=weather.com&ip=67.XXX.66.78&hl=en

Any idea whats going on or how i can get it to go away?

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Are you sure you're typing the URL correctly. I get this when I type in a non-existing URL address (usually a spelling mistake or the wrong extension [.com vs .org or something like that]), but one that is very close to the suggestions that these search pages come up with. I just assumed that the search pages linked up all these "close" URLs to their page.

3. seans9 thread starter macrumors member

well. it used to not do this and thats whats really annoying. Also, on that page i get pop-ups. So i know its not normal

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Have you tried resetting Safari? Have you got any third party add-ons for Safari too?

5. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Yeah, but is this just because the "search site" has added the 'wrong' URLs recently?
    As for the pop ups I assume you have block popup selected (command + K), but I've also been getting some recent popups, I guess sites are finding loopholes in Safari's (and no doubt others) browser popup blocker.
    Annoying yes
    But what can you do?

6. seans9 thread starter macrumors member

No Third Party Add-Ons and yea i tried to reset safari.

It mainly happens when i mis-spell something. Yet i dont remember what it used to do when i would mis-spell something.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant it did the search, even if you typed the URL correctly. :eek:

8. seans9 thread starter macrumors member

it does that sometimes too! i just tried going to macrumors.com and it did the SAME thing it does for other sites. It took serveral times and if finally worked. Any ideas anyone?

9. seans9 thread starter macrumors member

anyone have any ideas?

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well let's try to narrow it down to a URL problem or an ISP/router/connection problem. If I type in weather.com, I get the attached page. Now, if you click on http://www.weather.com/ do you also get that page or do you get the search page you linked to? Does the problem occur for links too?

Attached Files: