Safari removes tabs by itself?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gascogne, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Gascogne, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012

macrumors member

Gascogne

I'm used to have several tabs open in Chrome (coming from pc recently to mac recently) and safari removes my tabs when I open many bookmarks at once.

What setting am I forgetting or do I need a plugin for safari? :confused:

*edit*
    And when closes safari all the tabs gets removed and no way to restore the session either.

2. macrumors 601

Me too. {:confused: that is} When you open many bookmarks at once, is that not using Tabs? But Safari removes tabs when you do that... doesn't compute. If Safari is not permitting Tabs, you can't do that. Then (below) you close Safari, and all the Tabs (which got removed when you opened multiple bookmarks) get removed?

Please try to explain this better. If you're multi-lingual, and English is not your native tongue, we can still get to the bottom of this. (my hint: your user name) edit: And now I see that you are in Sweden. I don't know any Swedish words, so English it is for me!

Not so: History > Reopen All windows from last session

3. thread starter macrumors member

Gascogne

The name is french but Im a swed hehe. ;)

I have at the moment 6 tabs open at the moment (Safari) and when I want to open a bookmark that have about 20 different pages in it the first 6 tabs are removed (those tabs I want to keep open at all times..)

In the Chrome browser those 6 tabs are not removed, the new tabs are just added no matter how many tabs I open.
    The Safari browser should be able to do the same... :p

4. macrumors 601