Safari-sites not recognizing Flash plug-in?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cb911, Mar 20, 2004.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    well i've just been trying to get to some Flash sites this arvo. i can still view the site, but when it checks for Flash, for some reason it doesn't detect. i installed Flash again but it hasn't helped any...

one site i noticed this on was it should load with a Flash index there. at onel point it started to load the Flash index, and i could see the things moving, then it started to load the /noflash.index?? :confused:

i also tried Camino there, but no luck with that either.

any else experience this? is it Safari, Camino or is it the site?
  2. HexMonkey Administrator

Staff Member

Feb 5, 2004
    New Zealand
    I think it's a problem with the site. It doesn't work in all 7 of my browsers (and other pages with Flash things do), and I have the Flash 7 and Quicktime 6.5 plugins. I had a quick look at the page's source code, and it has a lot of browser specific code there when detecting requirements. Changing the User Agent in Safari doesn't help either.
  3. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2001
    What seems to be the problem? Site works fine for me with Safari on 10.3.2. All flash animations load.
    Those plug-in checks on other sites are really annoying, they don't work with Safari and then I have to figure out link to flash page with source and activity window..
  4. glosterseagul macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2004
    doesnt work on mine. same thing, it start to load then stopped :confused: