Safari Stuff

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jaykay, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Now maybe its just me and i could be incredibly stupid but i have been using safari for a while now and i noticed that if you go to the installed plug-ins in the help menu it sends you to a certain page. When you go to the address bar and delete everything after resources and load that it opens a finder window with the resources for safari.

Now im sure many of the intelligent people here already knew this but i just wanted to see what can be done with it (apart from changing icons) like can plug- ins be installed?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

This is a little hard to explain. In OS X, .app files (executable programs) aren't exactly programs like they were in OS 9. The file Safari.app isn't a file; rather it's a folder that encompasses all the resources for the Safari program, and is bound together to launch as a program rather than opening the folder in a window.

That said, web browsers are capable of displaying HTML files on your computer; rather than http:// for a web address, it's file:/// and then the directory of the file. So you can view contents of directories in the menubar.

As an example, try dragging your hard drive icon to a Safari window. It will list the contents. You should be able to navagate it as you would a List view.

It's not stupid, don't worry, most users don't pay any attention to this sort of thing :)

pnw

3. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Actually, this works for me with each browser I have EXCEPT Safari.

Dan