Safari Super Slow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by illegalprelude, Jun 13, 2006.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Has anybody else noticed this. Recently in the last week it seems that Safari has been super slow on such sites like ign, myspace, facebook and sorts but over all just super slow.

For example, ill go on myspace, click on an approval and it just starts to load and stalls out. I then click stop and refresh and it loads fine. Its been doing it with almost all the sites actually but very noticle on the sites I mentioned above. Any clue? I know there is FireFox and Ie and sort out there but I like Safari and have never had a problem till now :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Mad Jew, you always seem to be here to save the day for this Mac Noob :D <3

I just tried the Reseting Sefari and Deleting the Cache. Same problem arises. I would normally have looked @ my ISP but my PC right next to my Mac access the same sites without a hitch and their both hooked up to the same router.

Some might say well your PC is draining your Bandwith but its off right now so I know again this isnt the problem and before, I used to have both up and running and no problems.

Ill try the other options from that link and see where life takes me.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, good luck with it. FWIW, MySpace is notoriously bad with Safari. It still should load first time though, it's just a bit slow. :)

5. thumb macrumors 6502

have you tried it with firefox or camino?

those are very high traffic sites, might be at their end

6. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hhmm. yea, it just seems for me Safari is about worlds slower. On my PC laptop and Desktop, the sites all load with a blaze, then the Safari on the G5 and it wants to take its sweet old time if not, just not load for a while.

and its not just those sites either.
    IGN
    MINI Cooper Forum

more or less, any site.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

How did the other techniques go? What else did you try from that guide? :)

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

IGN takes a while to load on my powerbook just cause they have flash, flash, flash, and some more flash advertisements and news block is flash

Have i ever told everyone i hate flash?

9. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Alright, the things ive tried so far have been:
    Empty the Cache
    Reset Safari
    Erase Website Favicons
    Delete the Preferences Filev

I havent from doing these seen any form of real imrovement. For example, when sometimes it loads to Macrumors, it loads the page but all super weird. All the text and places are in weird places and it isnt in the correct format. Then I hit stop and reload and it loads it correctly

10. imacintel macrumors 68000

I use Internet Explorer 5.1 OSX under Rosetta. :D

I actually did. But if you download a dmg, you have to ctrl click and click mont disk image.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, but I can't think of anything to make it faster or more reliable. You might have better luck with a different browser. :eek:

That's an issue MacRumors and Safari are having at the moment. It's most likely unrelated to your other problems.

12. rockandrule macrumors 6502

I just wanted to pitch in. I use Camino on my PowerBook and it is much faster than Safari (plus it has ad-blocking :) ), but on my girlfriend's PowerMac Safari runs quicker than Camino. It's weird stuff for sure.

13. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

thanks for the feedback Mad Jew and others.

Its just odd to me I guess because it used to run just fine. I never had problems. If anything, Safari was more efficient then IE on my PC's but the tide has changed? :confused:

14. AmrcnGrl0320 macrumors newbie

hey. I have actually been having the same problem. mine is really just with Facebook though. Most of the other websites work fine. I can't figure out what the problem is. But I have a brand new Macbook, and it Facebook worked fine for the first week, but now it takes a few minutes for each page to load. such a pain, and i can't figure out why.

15. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Mine has been slow ever since leopard upgrade. Along with the organize library feature in iTunes. Hopefully apple takes care of this soon.

16. ostyx macrumors newbie

Noticed it really slow since last snow leopard update, just facebook and ai keep geting this message

Attached Files:

17. keithOrbit macrumors member

it's not safari problem, maybe dns problem, please check /etc/hosts files.

18. Florie macrumors newbie

Safari super slow to load first page of session

Hellow! I think it IS Safari. The first page I load (usually Google, automatically, but it can be something else) is so slow that it stalls out sometimes. After I finally get it to load, all other pages load at a normal rate of speed. Recently one day Google (or any other first page) just WOULDN'T load. I had already tried emptying my cache, etc. I decided for some reason to delete my History and then it loaded right up, without a problem! This is the only thing I've found that helped. I tested my speed with my provider and it was right on, but still wouldn't load well until the History thing.

19. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Update / remove browser plugins.

20. Dave43 macrumors newbie

Safari slow

Same problems for about two months. Main page comes up slower than when new, but searches usually end at "Safari can't find server" after about two minutes. If I click a second time in the address bar it will usually take me there. Some pages won't load at all. Some go a bit "faster" if I bookmark them and access them that way. Just typing in a site may not work.

I'll try what has been suggested but wanted to share in the frustration.

Is it a bug in the computer?

21. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

The bug is in safari 5. It's asking the isp for more than it allows and causes the modem to lock for several seconds/1 min. It's a dns bug.

22. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

i have the exact same problem, sometimes its just ridiculous

23. Laroosco macrumors member

I'm having the same problem and I think it is Safari.

I reinstalled Snow Leopard last night and everything was fine running Safari 4. As soon as I completed the software update and Safari 5 was back so was the problem