Safari tabs.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrat93, Mar 22, 2007.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

When my brother got his (and our families) first Mac last January, I remember being able to add tabs in Safari as opposed to multiple windows. However, now he is home from school for spring break and I can't find that feature anymore. Where is it and how do I get to it?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It's in Preferences, under Tabbed Browsing. It's off by default, and needs to first be enabled.

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Why it's off by default, I'll never understand. I've had many people complain to me about Safari not having tabs...only to be told they weren't looking hard enough :)

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You'd think for new users, they would at least have a dialog box that offered the option to enable it the first time they started up the app.

5. 925AS macrumors member

why is it that I have to hold the apple key in order to get links to open in new tabs instead of a new window?

I remember the links would open in new tabs before. Did apple change it like 2 updates ago?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is an addon called "safaristand" which can do what you want,

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

The stars tell me there's a chance that Leopard may (or may not) have this feature enabled by default. 'Bout time. :rolleyes: