safari to open in new tab

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aleni, Jun 3, 2006.

1. aleni macrumors 68000

Jun 2, 2006
    i found an option for safari to open links from other softwares (mail, chat clients etc) in a new tab within current window. is it possible to open the links in a new tab not replacing my current tab that is still displaying a website i wanted to view.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!
  2. kewpid macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2003
    Preferences > General > Open links in Applications: in a new tab in the current window
  3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    Also, if you want to open a normal link in another tab (i.e. to another web page, rather than an application) hold down the Command (Apple) key and click on the link.

If you have a look in Preferences>Tabs, you will see a few other shortcuts too.
  4. MacRy macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2004
    You need to go to Safari preferences and under the general settings select the 'Open links from applications: in a new tab'

Edit: Damn beaten to it!! :)

Attached Files:

5. aleni thread starter macrumors 68000

Jun 2, 2006
    ah yes it works! thanks guys.

anyway, do u know how to stop safari from asking me when im downloading a file.

it sometimes asks me "fileblabla is an application" and then it shows me options to cancel and download.

i dont exactly remember what was the dialog box asking. but it was quite more like i wrote above.