Safari Tool Bar HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Is there away to change the layout of the top of safari so that my google search are is in front of my address bar? every time i open a new tab with option + T i would like to have my text start in the google bar and not have to click over to it to begin my searching.

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

I don't have my Mac with me at the moment, so I can't say for sure, but I don't think so. With most OS X apps (Mail, for example), you have flexibility in terms of what shows in the toolbar and in what order they appear. In Safari, for some reason, I think Apple is forcing a standard order, even though you can still add and remove buttons. Weird, eh?

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Unfortunately it doesn't appear so. You can rearrange buttons on the toolbar, but the address field and search field are considered a single unit.

To address your problem, though...once you hit Command-T to bring up the new tab, just hit Tab once and you'll be in the search field. No clicking necessary.

4. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Thanks alot i totally forgot about tabing over the different fields, thanks!