Safari Toolbar Replacement?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PrometheusG5, Sep 14, 2004.

1. PrometheusG5 macrumors member

Much as I love using Safari, I'm surprised Apple has such a drab toolbar for it. Are there any freeware/shareware replacements for it? And can anyone suggest some cool "plug-ins" for Safari, such as Safari Extender? (BTW, I HIGHLY recommend Safari Extender...great little shareware that adds some nifty features.)

Safari is missing some details that make it feel a little half-baked - such as the ability to send pages/links (using something other than Mail). Safari Extender does a nice job of filling in some gaps, but even open-source apps like Camino and Firefox have this feature.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't see why you couldn't use a program other than Mail to send pages/links because Safari should respect whatever program is set as the default for email. Besides, you can always save web pages as PDFs using the Print->Save as PDF function in the Print dialog of Safari. I know of no replacements for the Safari toolbar, nor do I know if such replacement is even possible.

3. PrometheusG5 thread starter macrumors member

That would be true if Safari had a "Mail" menu command...

Safari doesn't have a "Mail..." menu option - just the "Mail" option in Services. Using that option launches Mail, not the default mail program.