Safari trouble with Verizon DSL

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by QCassidy352, Aug 22, 2004.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Ever since I switched to verizon DSL, Safari will not load some web pages (ESPN.com for example). So I've switched to Camino... which is Ok... but I like Safari better.

It's weird, because Safari could see these pages on my old service, and Camino can see them fine now, so it's not strictly a safari issue, and it's not strictly a Verizon issue. Anyone have any idea what's going on? :confused:

2. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Verizon DSL online is my ISP as well and I have no problems accessing espn or any other sites. What kind of issue are you having with the site?
    Does the page not display at all or is it a specific aspect of the site that is not working properly?

3. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

save your book marks and delete your safari .plst. also make sure you have your safari preferences set up for handling special content like java and cookies. it cant hurt to repair permissions either.

4. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the pages will not load at all.

hadn't thought of the plst. suggestion; thank you beatle. Will try and post results.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

One thing that's always worth trying when Safari won't load pages is to reset it. Go into the Safari menu, choose Reset Safari..., and confirm that you really want to do this. Also, deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist (the .plst beatle888 was referring to) might help.