Safari, Two-finger scrolling and Google ads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mfacey, Mar 12, 2006.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

So, how are these connected you might be thinking?

Being a frequent visitor at Engadget.com I've noticed that there is a weird quirk in Safari when you use two-fingered scrolling to scroll down the page. If you scroll down with the cursor moving over the text blocks, the scrolling will stop when the cursor reaches the google ads that span horizontally over the page. There must be some weird coding in those fields which causes safari to think that it doesn't belong to the page you were scrolling down.

Anybody else notice this?

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

yeah, I've noticed that too. Any page with those ads will cause the scrolling to get stuck. Minor annoyance.

A larger annoyance is that sometimes the trackpad on my powerbook will get more generally funky. Sometimes the gui acts like I'm scrolling, even though I'm only using one finger. Normally this behavior ceases after 10 seconds or so. Or the pointer moves really slowly and is unresponsive, and again after 10 seconds returns to normal.

This happens pretty randomly, but seems more common when I'm burning a cd, or have burned a cd but not ejected. Happens in iTunes more than anything else.