Safari Unexpectedly Quits after Downloading Files

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Rooster, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Rooster macrumors newbie

Has anyone else noticed that Safari tends to quit unexpectedly after it has completed the download of a file? This happens quite regularly on both my G4 Quicksilver and iBook. I thought this bug would be fixed in the latest beta but apparently not.

I would be interested to know whether anyone else experiences regular crashes with Safari (particularly after downloads) or is it relatively stable for you?

2. altair macrumors regular

nope

No, Safari works fine for me, havent ever had any problems. So it crashes on *both* your machines? that is weird, have you put any weird "tweak" apps on your machines? Otherwise, i really have no idea.

~altair

3. Rooster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your feedback. The only thing that I can think of is that it is related to SpeedDownload (which is on both my machines). Do you use this at all?

4. iPegboy macrumors regular

I had that problem with the previous version of safari, but so far, I have been in the clear with 60.

5. X-Baz macrumors member

Safari quitting

I had a period where Safari was very very unstable - however, just deleting the preferences file from ~/Library/Preferences sorted it out.