Safari unstable

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trainguy77, Oct 22, 2004.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Safari seems to crash for me often when i am visiting demanding sites. I am running 10.2.8 and safari version 1.0.3. has anyone else had this problem? If so how do you fix it. I thoughts? I just thought i would see if anyone else has had this happen

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Normally I would suggest getting the latest Safari, but since you have 10.2.8 that's not an option. Are you waiting for Tiger by any chance? If you aren't, you could always get Panther for a better Safari. You probably don't want to do that, though - so I'll suggest resetting Safari. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Can anyone else be of more assistance?

3. darkwing macrumors 65816

Safari sucks. Get used to it. Or, get Mozilla which doesn't seem to crash and seems to be more compatible with sites, but doesn't run nearly as fast.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Hmm.. quite a different experience then I've had. Safari rarely crashes on me and I use it quite heavily.

Perhaps you're using some sort of "enhancement", like Pith Helmet or Saft, that is actually causing your crashes?

5. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Safari sucks? Ha! Mozilla sucks. If you are unhappy with Safari's instability, first try repairing permissions in the disk utility (probably won't help). If that doesn't help, download Firefox. You may then want to give Safari another try if/when you get Tiger.

(The problems with Safari being unstable aren't Safari's fault, it's some sort of other problem in your system that seems to happen randomly. I have a couple of apps that are highly unstable on my computer, but perfectly stable on my friends' computers, such as Camino)

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

Yeah you're right. I meant "Firefox" as being what I use. But, isn't that just Mozilla with a little customization or something?

Steve

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Firefox is kind of a "light" version of the (full) Mozilla browser, only better!

8. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

I have reset Safari many times before i also repair permmisions often to i guess i can not help it at all. o well i will look into a different browser. I have used firefox before(i have it downloaded) I do not some of its interface, o well thanks for trying