Safari vs. Firefox et al

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kntgsp, Feb 28, 2006.

1. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

Just curious to see if people find any major drawbacks to using Firefox or others instead of Safari? Used it on PC, but that was because Explorer blew. I like Safari aside from the lack of tabbed browsing.

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Jesus. There are so many threads on this. Do a search and you'll come up with a lot of results. Safari is in no way inherentely superior just because it comes prepackaged, but many people like it anyway. I prefer Camino (I've written why here best. My suggestion is to download a few and pick the one that feels most comfortable to you.

Edit: Safari has tabbed browsing. Just turn it on in Preferences. :)

3. kntgsp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, I searched, just couldn't find a relevant thread on disadvantages to using those browsers over safari. Everything focused on the advantages. Oh and thanks, I didn't realize Safari had tabbed browsing. I just switched back to mac, after being pc for a while.

4. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Adblock

Adblock is the sole reason I used Firefox, because I find pithelmet lacking.

Now that camino is mature, I ditched Firefox in favor of camino, which has ad blocking/flash blocking as well as type-ahead find. I'm a happy camper, yes I am :D