Safari Web security problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Totalshock, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Totalshock macrumors member

Our Work Web site just upgraded to Win 2003 Server on the server side, and now I can't seem to access certain parts of the locked-down site.

When I tried to access part of the site that is password-protected, it came up with a username and password prompt, which took me a few times to get right.

However, now it seems to accept the UN and PW, but it won't let me into th site itself. I keep getting a 401.2 401.3 or 401.5 error. And it never pops up the UN and PW box, so I assume it is, in fact, reading that and getting it right.

Any help on this would be much appreciated... I can log in right away no problem with IE, but I don't WANT to do that, and this site has always worked just fine in Safari, until now.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

try emptying the cashe

Under Safari in the top menus, like the 6th one down. Might want to clear history too. This will get Safari back to "i haven't been here before" type state where it should hopefully ask for UN and PW.

3. Totalshock thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but I've already tried emptying the cache and/or history a few times. No dice. Oh well... I guess I'm stuck using IE for now.

4. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

In your Aplications>Utilities folder, open Keychain Access. The username and password that the site is grabbing is stored there.

5. Totalshock thread starter macrumors member

Nothing showing up in either the Keychain or in the saved passwords in Safari... I can't figure out where it's storing that password....