Safari wont load some websites. FF and Chrome do...

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by OzyOly, Dec 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I was just after a bit of help if you have a minute.

Today safari decided it doesn't want to load certain websites. Some websites such a BBC news work. Others such as a page needed to accept a job offers do not.
    I first thought it was my network however I can access the sites fine from an iPhone and Windows laptop. I can also access the site from FF and Chrome on my mac.

I have disabled the firewall, rebooted my mac, rebooted my router, reset safari, delete preferences and cache in Library. I have disabled plugins and extensions to no avail.

Is there anything more I can do short of a clean install?

Thanks.

2. macrumors 603

blueroom

Links?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

www.bbc.co.uk/news loads fine.
    http://evision.york.ac.uk does not.

----------

Okay, solved it. It was Sky's crappy DNS server. I don't know why this has affected safari and not other browsers though?

Changed to Open DNS and all is working again. I hate computers. :/

4. macrumors newbie

I've had the same issues all day. I have AT&T U-Verse here in the US. Safari won't properly load Gmail, Facebook, Huffington Post, Politico, and others. Chrome and Firefox both load all sites just fine. I "reset" Safari to kill the cache/cookies/etc. but that didn't help. Reset U-Verse gateway, that didn't help. Reset Airport Extreme, that didn't help. I figured it was a DNS issue but it's weird that Chrome and Firefox would work using default DNS settings but not Safari.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess it's a bug with the latest safari release. Hopefully others will find this topic when they search for a solution. :)

6. macrumors 6502a

I would call that a feature, not a bug. :)