Safari won't minimize! Arg!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by todd2000, Jun 12, 2006.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So my Safari windows randomly decide that they don't want to minimize, the minimize button is greyed out, and even Cmd+M doesn't work. If I quit safari and relaunch it it will work for a while, but break again. I had this problem a while ago, but it seamed to go away with one of the Updates, and now it's back. Anyone else have this problem, or know a fix?

Edit: Nothing that is currently open will minimize. If I open a new program it will minimize just fine but all of my currently open progras including finer will not. Any idaes on what could cause all my apps to not minimize?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

This is a bug in Exposé form memory. Restarting usually fixes it, but that can get pretty annoying. I haven't seen a good fix for it yet but I reckon it'll be related to a widget. Are you running Tiger and what sort of third party widgets do you have? I might be wrong, this is all just a hunch.

Hopefully Apple will have it fixed properly in a system update soon. :)

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

I gather you mean Dashboard, not Expose? Im not really sure thats the probme, I only have 2 3rd party widgets installed, a webcam widget, and a widget for printing envelopes. Exiting the affected programs fix them, but the will randomly break again. It hasen't happened in months untill a few days ago. I thought it was fixed but I guess not :). It's kinda annoying, just hope they fix it with the next system update. Mabye I'll send them a bug report, since I searched and found no info about it. Mabye Apple doesn't know.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Exposé and Dashboard are pretty closely related. I mean Exposé. :)

Apple won't admit to knowing much about this until they've issued a fix. Hopefully that'll be soon because it's an annoying problem.

5. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Interesting I didn't realize there was a connection between Dashboar and Expose. Ya learn something everyday, well if nothing else Leapord should fix it (hopefully).