Safari Zoom (not the green button)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stevietheb, Jun 22, 2005.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

Prior to Tiger I used Firefox, and I had a handly little extension that allowed me to control the zoom of images on pages (i.e. I could make a specific jpg on the page larger or smaller). Is there any such plugin for Safari? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks!!!

2. EMKoper macrumors regular

EMKoper

Nothing back in June 2005 ... does anyone know of any plug-in that gives Safari zoom in/out functionality now?

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Shiira, a fast and lightweight cousin of Safari, shows images the "Firefox way"... :)

Edit: Without the fine control, of course, it just shows the whole image and lets you zoom in with a click (and back out with another).

Edit2: There are some bookmarklets (whatever that is) over at Pimp My Safari that you might check out... I've never tried any of them but they might work...

Edit3: The "Zoom images in" (but funnily enough not "Zoom images out") do work in Firefox... :)

Edit4: The "Zoom images out" needed a bit of fixing, but now that works, too... :)

I'll go away now... ;)

4. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

You can always use System Prefs > Universal Access (or cmd+option+8) to turn zoom on, and then use cmd+option+= or cmd+option+- to zoom in and out respectively

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I use these all the time to zoom- real handy if you want to do it often!