Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tombarnes, Feb 7, 2007.

1. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I am getting a little annoyed with my safari.

Some webpages load part way, and then just take sooooo long to finish loading, and safari sometime gives up and only loads the page part-way.

The slowest web page for me is myspace.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Cheers,

Tom

2. nitynate macrumors 6502a

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

1. Reset Safari every now and then (and clean out the ~/Library/Safari/Icons/ folder, too)
    2. Download and use Firefox (;))

4. tombarnes thread starter macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I have had Firefox for a while and I use it everynow and then for sites which aren't 100% safari compatible, and I have just tried myspace in firefox, and it does exactly what it does in safari; loads fast part-way then slows right down. So it doesn't look like it is just safari.

Any further ideas?

5. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

That means the problem is not your browser. People need to stop suggesting Firefox without reading what the problem is, as I could have told you it wasn't a browser problem to begin with (by the way, MySpace loads rather slowly on ALL Mac browsers).

The issue is your network, or your settings, or your ISP is being really slow. Anyways, you can try this: go to System Preferences, click "Network," select your network, whether it be Airport or Built-in Ethernet or whatever, click "TCP/IP," where it says "DNS Servers" try typing in the following:

Click "Apply Now" and quit System Preferences. Tell us if that has any sort of effect.

6. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao