Safari's new UI

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by crimsontide165, Jun 11, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Feb 5, 2011
    Overall I'm liking iOS 7, but everything about the new Safari feels like a step back. For me it's super slow and jumpy - less easy to navigate than than in iOS 6. I know it's in beta but it's still has Safari's engine (webkit/nitro). Also the new tab view feels clunky and unnecessary. Anyone else having the same problems/agree with me?
  2. macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I really dislike how the upper and lower menu bars appear/disappear on scrolling. In landscape mode, the viewable area can become very small depending on the menubars' status.

Somewhat unrelated, but I keep bringing up Control Center when I'm trying to scroll down in Safari while in landscape. Not a Safari issue, but frustrating none the less.
  3. macrumors 65816

Jan 27, 2011
    I agree with this. The disappearing bar causes me to click links sometimes when I really just want to make it appear so I can press back. And I also accidentally access the Control Center when scrolling. It's slightly annoying.

But other than that, I absolutely love everything else. Especially the tabs. Beautiful, and so much more functional now. I love than you can have more than 8 (which was so annoying), and I also love that you can manually sort them now.

Now just give me an option to leave the navigation bar stationary and I'll be happy :D
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Feb 5, 2011
    I've done the same thing too. Another thing like that is in the music app. If you have your volume at half-ish level you can't press create for iTunes Radio (at least on the 4s).