Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
I accidentally told safari not to save the login form on a certain website, and now I can't figure out how to get it so save again. Any ideas?

Thanks

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
Capt Underpants said:
I accidentally told safari not to save the login form on a certain website, and now I can't figure out how to get it so save again. Any ideas?

Thanks

Yep, happend to me also! And I also can't figure out how to fix it... btw. I'm not overly impressed with the keychain application... it seems flaky (actually, I had nothing to do with the changed pref regarding the website - gmail - it simply changed on its own!)... plus the inteface is decidedly not user-friendly and not intuitive... I think Apple could/should do better with it :(

So, anyone know how to deal w/ this issue?

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
Bump

Any ideas? Helloooo...ooo...ooo.... echo.

Crickets.

Grave silence.

Post apocalyptic landscape. Only the wind blows among the ruins.

Life on Earth has ended.

There is no more to be said. The last Apple computer has died, years after the priests that attended to it, the Priests of the Apple Cult have perished. On its keyboard rests the skeletal hand of the last priest. Dust everywhere. The last blinking light went out.

Heat death of the universe.

Final entropy.

The last quark has sunk into the last superstring dimension.

Space itself has collapsed into an irretrievable singularity.

And yet, and YET, I faithfully listen for an answer to my question, as my radar sweeps the horizon, over and over and over... every sweep slower and weaker than the last... waiting for contact...

I've had too much coffee.

L

Lau

OldCorpse said:
Any ideas? Helloooo...ooo...ooo.... echo.

Crickets.

Grave silence.

Post apocalyptic landscape. Only the wind blows among the ruins.

Life on Earth has ended.

There is no more to be said. The last Apple computer has died, years after the priests that attended to it, the Priests of the Apple Cult have perished. On its keyboard rests the skeletal hand of the last priest. Dust everywhere. The last blinking light went out.

Heat death of the universe.

Final entropy.

The last quark has sunk into the last superstring dimension.

Space itself has collapsed into an irretrievable singularity.

And yet, and YET, I faithfully listen for an answer to my question, as my radar sweeps the horizon, over and over and over... every sweep slower and weaker than the last... waiting for contact...

I've had too much coffee.

I have no idea, but that may be the best bump ever.

Oh, and I agree that Keychain leaves a lot to be desired.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Safari preferences -> Autofill -> User Name and Passwords -> Edit... and find the website in question (which should have a "Passwords never saved" under username) and Remove it. Then the next time you log in Safari should (again) ask if you want to save your password. This time say "Yes". :)

Easy on the coffee, from now on, right...? ;)

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Safari preferences -> Autofill -> User Name and Passwords -> Edit... and find the website in question (which should have a "Passwords never saved" under username) and Remove it. Then the next time you log in Safari should (again) ask if you want to save your password. This time say "Yes". :)

Easy on the coffee, from now on, right...? ;)

Thank you, I'll try that.

And yes, I must ease on the coffee. Just be glad you answered, because had nobody done so, you'd all be subject to more of my writing, and it is worse than torture :) On my next bump I was going to go into what happens after the final collapse into an irretrievable singularity, the realm of alternate metaphysical polyreality. And you don't want that, believe me :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.