SafariTool wants access to keychain?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacBoobsPro, Sep 28, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

What the hell is SafariTool?

I just opened up my Safari prefs window to help out in another post and I had a window pop up and say:

SafariTool wants permission to use the "stuart_luff" item from your keychain. Do you want to allow this?

I dont know of any stuart_luff item. I always use stuartluff without a space. What can this be? I have denied it access for now.

Help please :eek:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Google doesn't find a lot of info out there on it (and most of it isn't in English), but here is one thread I found that speculates that it has something to do with .Mac syncing. Could that be possible? Can you find any clues in Keychain Access?

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I've had loads of messages like that. Why the hell don't they explain what is going on? :mad:

4. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Actually yes it could very well be something to do with .Mac. I had to register my username as 'stuart_luff' as I had 'stuartluff' when it was iTools years ago so it wouldnt let me have that username again. I only had the .mac trial for 1 day, found it was not worth it and so cancelled the trial.

I will allow it access and see what happens.

EDIT: It seems the 'Sync bookmarks with .mac' was still ticked and so Safari Prefs wanted access to my .mac (stuart_luff) item. I have unticked it and the problem has gone. Thanks for the pointer.