Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
What the hell is SafariTool?

I just opened up my Safari prefs window to help out in another post and I had a window pop up and say:

SafariTool wants permission to use the "stuart_luff" item from your keychain. Do you want to allow this?

I dont know of any stuart_luff item. I always use stuartluff without a space. What can this be? I have denied it access for now.

Help please :eek:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Google doesn't find a lot of info out there on it (and most of it isn't in English), but here is one thread I found that speculates that it has something to do with .Mac syncing. Could that be possible? Can you find any clues in Keychain Access?

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
WildCowboy said:
Google doesn't find a lot of info out there on it (and most of it isn't in English), but here is one thread I found that speculates that it has something to do with .Mac syncing. Could that be possible? Can you find any clues in Keychain Access?

Actually yes it could very well be something to do with .Mac. I had to register my username as 'stuart_luff' as I had 'stuartluff' when it was iTools years ago so it wouldnt let me have that username again. I only had the .mac trial for 1 day, found it was not worth it and so cancelled the trial.

I will allow it access and see what happens.

EDIT: It seems the 'Sync bookmarks with .mac' was still ticked and so Safari Prefs wanted access to my .mac (stuart_luff) item. I have unticked it and the problem has gone. Thanks for the pointer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.