Saft for Safari vs. AdBlock for Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrismccorkle, Jun 15, 2006.

1. chrismccorkle macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2006
    I've been an avid user of both browsers... but again and again I go back to Safari. Not for Saft, but because of the seemingly daunting feeling of elitism I get from using an out-of-the-box app bundled with OS X. Call me crazy, ignorant, or naïve, it's how I feel.

As a PC user, I no doubt used Firefox.

But, have any of you used both and had Saft and AdBlock installed? I prefer adblock because its simple right-click block * capability, while Saft only allows that for images. With Saft, I have the option to block images, plugins, or both, but when I have plugins blocked (for the use of Myspace's annoying flash ads) and want to visit, I have to re-enable them in order to see the new Apple ads. Annoying. With Adblock for Firefox, I can simply block individual plugins.

I'm still torn between the two browsers. Could someone help set me straight?
  2. swindmill macrumors 6502a

Mar 17, 2005
    You could try SafariBlock for Safari, which I believe is similar to Adblock, although I'm not familiar with Adblock.
  3. chrismccorkle thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 13, 2006
    I shall! I knew there was something else out there... thank you.