Saint Louis, MO

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Jerastan, Mar 9, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors member

I am here and will be there

I have been watching for some sign of life in the St. Louis area. I have not seen anything about the lines at Galleria or West County Apple stores. I am planning on getting in line around 2:30 pm on Friday for the West County store. I was there for the iPhone 4 and the iPad rollout and had a great time.

3. macrumors member

West County Mall Line Info.

Spoke to Apple Store and to Mall Security about the "line rules" for Friday at the West County Apple Store. Apple store rep. had no information to provide. Mall management through mall security said they would like the line to start no earlier than 4:00 pm but they would not stop the line from forming earlier. Mall Security did say they would not allow lawn chairs and would ask you to leave with the chair. :apple:

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I just heard the same thing. I was at the iPhone 4 launch last year and it was pure craziness. I can't imagine this will be even close but I'm still up in the air as to when I'm going to show. hmmm....

5. macrumors member

Three for me.

I am planning on being in line by 3:00 pm because I am clueless as to how many others plan to be there for the opening. I just hate the rush hour traffic afterwards but it will be worth it.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

No doubt. I'll have to get back to IL so I'm really not looking forward to the Friday evening rush. Ugh...

7. macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

I don't get back to St. Louis from Chicago until about 4 p.m. tomorrow, so I'm thinking of running by Best Buy to get the iPad (instead of Apple Store).

Last year, I walked in about an hour after iPad went on sale, grabbed one, paid, and left. No lines. Only three other people there! I hate Best Buy, but it's good for launches like this.

8. macrumors member

Hopefully the same will work for you on this round of iPads. It is too much of a risk for me and my addiction to all things Apple. If you are pulling in around 4:00 pm then Best Buy would be a good place to start. Good luck.

9. macrumors newbie

Galleria

I read the galleria is the largest mall store they have so may have more stock? I think I will get there around three if the line is long may try micro center or target great land or best buy all in same area.

10. macrumors regular

I'll be at the Galleria tomorrow. I haven't really decided on a time. Either late morning or early afternoon.

11. macrumors 65816

I plan to scope things out around noon at the Galleria Apple store, hop in line when I see others starting. I'd like it not to start until 3 or so, but I'm scared there will be a long line when I show up at noon. Guess we'll see in about 10 hours.

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, but the Galleria is a tiny store. Very, very small.

13. macrumors newbie

Which apple store

Which apple store is better in St louis ?

14. macrumors newbie

Anyone in line yet?

Any status updates on the apple stores?

15. macrumors member

Apple stores

Apparently the Galleria Apple Store is now the largest "mall" store they have but I have not been there to check it out. I do like the West County Mall and their Apple Store.

16. thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that I think about it, it does seem like they closed to remodel a while back. Maybe they are bigger now?

17. macrumors newbie

Galleria

May go there around noon to line up. Take my iPad and overdrive at least I can read and watch movies and get some work done lol. Anyone else going and where do u think they will put the line?

18. macrumors newbie

Microcenter

I just got an email they are getting a large shipment but may not be available till tomorrow. So could be a backup. Said may still have them today.

19. macrumors newbie

The Apple store at the Galleria bought the adjacent store and now are double the size

20. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm first in line at west county center. Paul Blart tried to run us off saying we can't line up until 4 pm but was overruled by Dws Peres police and apple store staff

Currently there are 8 of us in line

21. macrumors member

Thanks for the update. I am going to head down shortly and enjoy the growing crowd.

22. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll be keeping it updated all day, i have nothing better to do. No chairs allowed in case anyone didn't know

23. macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

Well, technically, Apple bought the kids shoe store that used to be next to the Starbucks/atrium area on the second floor, as well as the empty store next to it, and then moved the store down to that area (right by the middle parking garage entrance.

Now the Galleria Apple Store *is* the largest in-mall Apple Store in the world. It's awesome, and I won't even think of making the trek all the way out to West County again. The Galleria store is so open and airy, it's wonderful!

Before the remodel/move, the store was, literally, the *smallest* in-mall Apple Store. Always packed. It's still packed, but you can at least breathe :)

Check it out: http://www.lifeisaprayer.com/blog/2010/new-apple-store-st-louis-galle

24. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the West Co update!

Is anyone at the Galleria yet? I'm unfortunately stuck at work til a little after 4 and as yet undecided as to which store I want to try first. Galleria is closer but I thought with it all big and shiny and new more people might go there?

25. thread starter macrumors newbie

So I'm at the West County store and there are only about 10 of us here.