Saints Row bugs

Discussion in 'Games' started by whooleytoo, Jan 30, 2007.

1. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Has anyone seen any of the bugs in this game? Graphically, this game is gorgeous, but funnily enough the bugs in the game actually add to it rather than take away.

My favourite was at the end of one mission where two rubbish skips ('trash dumpsters') started hopping up and down, then dancing with each other - at least I assume it was a "bug", not some kind of weirdo Easter Egg! Also in the mission where you go after Lopez, he just stood there doing nothing while 4 of us shot, stabbed and kicked him for several minutes until eventually we managed to knock him over the railing, only for him to reappear on the balcony in the folowing cutscene and jump off again!

There's even a 'Musical' about it (apologies if already posted):
    Clip

2. ericsthename macrumors regular

haha, I watched that and it was quite well done. thx for posting.

I'm looking forward to crackdown. I played the demo's of both SR and recently the Crackdown demo. I was always a bit put off by the "street thug" theming of Saints Row.

3. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I found Saints Row to be marginally less 'thuggish' than the GTA games, but I can certainly see what you mean. Perhaps what saves it for me is that the characters and the violence is often cartoonish and unrealistic.

I do really like the open game/physics engine in the game though. For example, on one occasion while driving I hit someone (an accident, promise! ;) ), and he flew up and into the front seat of the (convertible car I was driving. So, I was driving around with a body across the front seat, when going around a sharp corner he slid across, the door opened and fell out onto the street and started rolling about. Weird.