Sales Tax Free Holidays and the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by 53399, Jul 12, 2005.

1. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Assuming there is an Apple Store in Georgia, they should without a doubt be honoring that. However, you may need to work something out or confirm the arrangments with Apple if you wish to order via the Internet. I would probably contact Customer Service and see what they say...

2. prp134 macrumors regular

question, I live in chicago and now we have an apple store downtown, so if I order online they'll charge me tax right?

3. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

How do i find what day is the tax-free day in NY?

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Apple always charges tax on internet orders unless:
    1. Your state doesn't have sales tax (Delaware :D )
    2. Your state in having a tax fee holiday (They shouldn't anyway)

5. Whistleway macrumors 6502

6. spellflower macrumors regular

Thankyou!

Thanks for starting this thread! I never would have known that Massachusetts has a tax free day on August 13th if not for you!

I just called apple, and was told that while online orders might be complicated by the automation, I could definitely place the order on the phone and not pay sales tax!

Best of all, this means that all this waiting for an ibook update has not been in vain, even if they don't release anything. And if they do, who cares, I will have saved $50+ in tax and gotten a free ipod and printer in the bargain!

7. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I wish i still lived in Delaware where i was born, cause tax-free is everyday!

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Now we just have to hope that the House will pass the bill also. It was a huge success for the business community last time. As it stands now the limit is $2500 on one single purchase. So that will limit the choices. My first choice would be to make the purchase at my local Apple Store. Hopefully Apple would honor the program by phone.