Salma Hayek Breast Feeds a Random African Child

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by és:, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502a

és:

2. macrumors G4

Mord

Have you never heard of wet nurses?

As long as the woman knows for sure that she doesn't have any transmissible diseases I don't see any problem with this.

I've never understood why some people are freaked out by human milk, it's never phased me.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

Sure. Ever heard of hollywood mega stars breastfeeding an African baby?

I'm not freaked out by human milk.

4. macrumors 603

quagmire

Then why are you so freaked out over this?

5. macrumors 6502

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

Human milk and breastfeeding somebody else's child in Africa is the same thing, is it?

7. macrumors Core

iBlue

It's certainly not something you see or hear about every day but I don't think it's overly freaky or anything.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

9. macrumors 68020

Peterkro

What I think is disturbing is in the title "random African Child"

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

Well, you're reading way, way too much into that.

11. macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Unless I'm misinformed the Baby was hungry and the mother had no milk so Hayek as a nursing mother stepped in to help.To me that is a reaction to a very specific set of circumstances involving specific people and in no way feeding a random African child. If you strip away all the societal ******** I think that's a very natural human reaction to the situation.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

She is a nursing mother still? To the baby she had in 2007? Well, that makes a bit of a difference and reduces my freaked outness from 'little' to 'not much'.

Giving formula to many children instead of her plane fare would have been even better.

Regarding the 'random' comment. Whether you think it's right or not is one thing but you said disturbing which is insinuating something.

13. macrumors 601

Mexican Woman Breast Feeds a Hungry African Child.

Better?

Seriously if you ignore the celebrity "Brangelina/Madonna" angle it isn't any big deal.

Edit: I guess by the outrage the modern world would take it hard to stomach Pero and Cimon… ;)

14. macrumors 6502a

teflon

I really don't find anything "freaky" about it. She was helping a starving baby. In fact, I find her actions quite commendable and honourable. If only all the Hollywood stars would spend some time helping others who are less fortunate instead of tanning and partying.

15. macrumors Core

Dagless

Wet nurse. Nothing to see here.

Although, who is she?

16. Lau

This article about it has a very reasonable tone to it, I thought, and pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.

17. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

18. macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Dear Lord. So, because she's a Hollywood 'megastar' it makes her any less of a female human being, incapable of mothering a child?

So why are you freaked out by this? The child isn't going to care where the breast he's sucking on comes from. And I'm pretty sure the child and most of the people in his/her situation won't even have heard of Salma Hayek or even watched a Hollywood film - nevermind sucked on one of its superstars' body parts.

Get over it - seriously.

19. macrumors 601

I admit this went over my head.
    :eek:
    What ever does it mean…

20. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

21. macrumors 601

Thanks! :D

22. thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

Yes. That's what I've said and implied. :rolleyes:

In fact, that comment is utterly ridiculous. Incapable of mothering a child? How pathetic.

I said that I was a little freaked out by it. As I explain in an earlier post, I didn't realise she would still be breast feeding her child that she had in 2007 and that made it a lot more understandable.

Get over yourself. I'm not making a big deal, just though it was a little strange. Talk about overreaction.

23. macrumors 68020

heehee

24. macrumors 6502

LOL at the outrage in this thread...

Haha - never thought there would ever be a circumstance when I wished I was a 'Random African Child' :D The little dude went from starving one minute to a huge feast the next (and before the breastfeeding geeks jump on me, I am aware that there is no correlation between breast size and quantity of milk produced).

25. macrumors 601

Which segues horribly into…
    ;):p

"Bitty… I want bitty…"

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.