1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Salt Lake City, UT (Gateway Apple Store)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by fossen, Jun 16, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I'll be at the Gateway Apple Store on the 24th, with no reservation.

Anyone with experience there about how long the lines are and how early is "early enough", I'd love to hear! :)

But I'm thinking 5:30 or so? Don't care about being near the front of the line, I just want to be able to get a phone.

2. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

5:30 am? I would imagine the line wont be too long at that time. There will definitely be a few. I'm planning to be there at 6 am. But I've got a reservation. :D

3. macrumors 6502

dialed1

Same boat here no reservation. Am hoping since it's a weekday it might be a little less painless.

But i'm wondering if there is even going to be any extras at all hmm....

4. macrumors member

I've got a reservation, and I'll probably get there around 6. I have nothing better to do. I'll bring my MacBook Pro and stream the World Cup via MyWi on my 3G :D

5. macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I'm gonna be there at 5am instead. Reservation line. Bringing my little (19) bro. See you guys there.

6. macrumors newbie

I'm heading over to the beigeway around 6:00am for the reservation line.

Planning on getting a second phone for my wife as well. We currently have separate lines -- anyone know whether its best to get the family plan setup today in advance, or whether I can just take care of it there?

Hope to see some of you there -- I'm the guy with the command key tattoo'd on my arm, come say hi!

7. macrumors member

Haha, actually... the command symbol would make an awesome tattoo - - less of a "fanboy" statement than an inside joke. Won't be getting there till about 9AM after class though, so no luck.

You should be okay setting up a family plan through Apple, but it might take some time, Apple's systems never interact well with AT&T's - last year I wasn't allowed to purchase my iPhone 3GS because I wasn't the primary account holder and Apple couldn't access AT&T's system to see that I was an authorized user.

8. macrumors newbie

Trade?

Hey if anyone at the slc location would like to trade their 16 GB reservation for my 32GB reservation let me know. I'll be walking around with a sign that says just that :)

I'll be checking this forum periodically and if you are interested, tell me where to meet you around the apple store and what you're wearing and we'll do business.