Salt Lake City, UT

Discussion in 'Leopard Event Meetups' started by hadleydb, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

hadleydb

Of course we only have one at the Gateway. Anyone going? :)

2. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I'm thinking about it, how many people do you think will be there? Will other places have it at 6:30?:confused:

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

hadleydb

I'm not sure how many people will be there. It is usually packed whenever I go though. CompUSA and ExperCom usually have OSX launch events. I've been to the CompUSA one for years now, but now that we have an Apple Store I want to see what an Apple event is like.

4. macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Woohoo! I am there! Need to track down a leopard print scarf! :D

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

hadleydb

LOL I thought about wearing a leopard costume... It is close to halloween and everything

6. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

Can somebody please get a Leopard....? Whatever? I cannot be at the Apple Store because.... Ugh, I signed up for service. Why? Why do Halloween conventions where you give out candy exist? Well, I guess that I will pre-order..... :(

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

hadleydb

That sucks! If I bring someone with me maybe I can score you a Leopard T-shirt. If I get there in time. :apple:

8. macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

So, I went to Target today and got myself a leopard print headband! Woot! Keep the ears nice and toasty in line! :D

9. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

THANK YOU! But, if you do happen to get it, I have a pretty sweet Apple Store at the Gateway shirt that I have never used I might be willing to trade.... Possibly...

10. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'm planning on being there. I've already told my boss I'm leaving work early to make sure I make it there in time.

11. macrumors newbie

Leopard Launch at BYU

Even though it's not an Apple store, the BYU Bookstore is still an authorized reseller and will have a Leopard launch party. I work for the School of Technology and my boss just got an email today that announced that the BYU Bookstore is going to be throwing a Leopard launch party starting at 4PM. Of course, you wouldn't be able to actually buy and leave the store with Leopard until after 6, but I'm sure there's going to be some fun festivities there. That's most likely where I will be for the launch. Also, BYU education discount to all you students!! Leopard is only going to be $99 for the single license at the Bookstore. Family will still be the same price, but if you only need the single, get your educational discount!

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

hadleydb

If I can get an extra (that is if I can get my wife to go) no trade necessary. I can't promise anything though but I will try. :)

13. macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

That's sweet! I wish the U would do that! Wow... I never thought I would envy BYU students before. The day has come.

:D

14. macrumors newbie

What time?

What time are you guys planning on showing up? I don't want to show up at too early.

15. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Does anyone know if the University of Utah is offering a student discount? I'm going up there today so I can find out if anyone's interested.

P-Worm

16. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'm sure the U will sell it. They sell Macs at education pricing. I don't think I'll drive down to Utah County to save $20. I'm planning on showing up at about 5:30p.

17. macrumors regular

When I called the bookstore at the U, they said they'll be selling Leopard for $116, just like the online Apple Store for Education.

18. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I'm in the U's bookstore right now. They have a sign that says preorder Leopard for $69. So I guess I'm not going to be at the Apple Store.

P-Worm

19. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Do you know if the U will have copies available on the 26th? And if any students can get them from there or just U students.

20. macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

Sweetness!

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

hadleydb

Yes I'm interested in this as well. I'm a part time student and I go to Weber. I guess I could call Weber and see how much and if they are going to have it as well.

22. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I go to ITT and I know they won't offer any discounts.

23. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I preordered it from the bookstore and they told I'd that I can
    pick up my copy at 6:00 like everyone else. I don't know f that is only true for those who have preordered or not.

As for whether you need to be a U student to get the discont or just he a student, I don't know. If I remeber correctly they have carded me in the past when I bought some software from them. They didn't have me pay up front so I don't know what their plans are. Will I see anyone at the bookstore when it comes out?

P-Worm

24. macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

If the weather is horrible, then you might see me! :D

25. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I guess I'll still be going to the Apple store. I don't want to show up at the U and find out they won't let me get it cause I'm not a U student. Oh well, it's only money right.