Sam Guide

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just a little guide for those players stuck on Sam. It's still in production but me and a couple of the expert class Sam players are compiling a guide to help new guys.

http://satansam.co.uk/samguide/
    Still needs a bit of work obviously. Aim to get it done by the weekend. Along with a new "broadband" version of Sam with a 320kbps soundtrack, an archived guide, and a medium quality version of the trailer. Maybe a new one, for no reason, since I'm falling in deep unrequited love with Final Cut.

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Hey I jsut checked out that video and am impressed! Good work.

Why is it called "Satan Sam"? I don't see anything specifically satan oriented except that he's a red dude. ;)

Honestly the name could be a turn off for many potential players of what otherwise looks to be an excellent game based on the trailer. I could see this getting published on a system like GBA or PSP, especially GBA.... have you considered that? Do you think it could be ported to GBA?

3. steelfist macrumors 6502a

I thought the game is related to serious sam.... is it?

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

nothing to do with Serious Sam :cool: I started this in 1997, I think i beat Serious Sam to the table. unless I'm mistaken.

I've had a few emails off some religious fanatics who don't like the name too. But thing is, it's not offensive, it's not a "heavy metal" sort of devil image. It's about a cute little anime-style guy. I'm no devil worshipper or anything!

About the GBA thing. There is a london based GBA company, only a small one who want to publish Sam on the GBA. But they said the same thing about another one of my games (Titan Omega) and after much talking and stuff nothing happened in the end.

5. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Yeah, it's all about public perception. Just a friendly recommendation, keep that in mind and I really think these titles could be picked up.

"Satan" definitely carries conotations that seem to do nothing but call notice to itself, rather then your game which is too bad for such a (seemingly) well executed property. :)

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless