Sam & Max - with a man called 'Steve'

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Jun 15, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/faq

Check later on, this bit:

"Plus, Steve likes 3D. Though he's working with us on Sam & Max, he's immersed in 3D all the time at his day job. Even in 3D, Sam & Max are still Steve's characters. He's okaying all artwork generated for the game. He's keeping an eye on the writing. He even comes in and scribbles all over our work when nobody's around."

The link is to Pixar! So *hopefully* we'll see a Mac version of this game, which is obviously excellent news! A bit gutted about the lack of 2D-ness, but hey, we're in the 21st century now...

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

21st century has nothing to do with 2D or 3D. Metal Slug and Pirate Baby's Cabana walk over any 3D in terms of amazingness. I reckon.

Hope Sam and Max comes out on Mac. would be very nice. heres this sought after series coming back to Mac too. I've still to actually play a Sam and Max game though, haha.

3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I know, that bit was a semi-joke. Ah, just me. I will check out that game later. At the moment I'm going for a long haul WoW session...

4. ja2ke macrumors newbie

You guys are getting a little carried away - if you look a little earlier in the FAQ, the "Steve" in question is independent comic artist turned Pixar story developer/artist Steve Purcell. Steve Purcell created the characters of Sam & Max as comic characters in the 80s and is working with Telltale Games on the new Sam & Max game, but Purcell's day job is at Pixar doing story development and storyboarding.

That said, it would be pretty cool (if a bit insane) if Steve Jobs was involved.

5. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Have faith my friend! I've just finished a 6 hour Arathi Valley epic and we were winning! Mwa!