Same Apple ID as husband, got his texts, did he get mine?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by confusediphone, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. confusediphone, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

macrumors newbie

2. macrumors 68000

1080p

You need to set up a separate Apple ID than your husband's. Then only use your husband's for Appstore and iTunes. That way you guys can share your app purchases, iTunes purchases & iTunes Match if you use that. Use your Apple ID FaceTime & iMessage.

You can log in and out of these various services in Settings on your iPhone.

3. macrumors 6502a

spork183

The answer is... Probably. Me thinks in addition to another Apple ID, you might need to invest in some counseling. ;) Or you could take the easy way out. Help! I got Hacked!

4. r2shyyou, Jan 25, 2013

macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Sounds like you should probably ask him.

As for Apple IDs, I'd strongly recommend creating your own and keeping most, if not all, things like this (i.e. iPhone-related) separate.

I know there have been threads in the past where people note to separate everything except for App Store accounts & purchases but I personally disagree wouldn't bother with that; no app that I can think of costs enough money that I could justify not paying twice for it (if we're going to have it on two devices).

Anyway, if you "REALLY need to know" if your texts ended up being visible on his phone, ask him.

5. macrumors newbie

Am I the only one who's picking up the I'm-cheating-on-my-husband-and-flipping-out-now-because-I-might-be-busted vibe?

6. macrumors 68000

1080p

But Apple specifically allows you do have apps on several devices. I most certainly shouldn't be expected to pay for the $5 games I bought for myself and each one of my kids... especially if I am following Apple's guidelines which allow for multiple devices on a single Apple iTunes account. More personal services such as iCloud, email, FaceTime & iMessage need a separate Apple ID, as those services are not meant to be shared. There is nothing "immoral" about it.

7. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Nope.

----------

I wasn't trying to imply that I thought doing so was "immoral" in some way or that Apple didn't allow it. My point was that the apps that I've noticed (and that have had even just a slight bit of appeal to me) were not priced such that I'd make any effort to avoid paying the dev(s) twice.

Everyone's free to do as they wish. I'm not arguing against that. I guess that, in my experience, keeping some Apple services separate and others not separate would require effort that I don't think I can personally justify (or would even choose to take on).

8. macrumors 6502a

yup

9. macrumors 6502

I could not agree more. Maybe she should worry more about her marriage and doing the right thing then how to delete some messages and how to get separate apple IDS. Maybe the OP should have thought about this before she started sexting someone other then her husband. Just saying

10. macrumors G3

Why are you asking us if you can easily ask your husband, unless there's some malicious intent going on?

11. macrumors regular

Did you go in an double check the settings regarding "Messages"?

This is a "tab" in the Messages settings that is called "Send and Receive". If you click on that it shows which devices can send and receive messages on or from that device. My wife and I both use the same Apple ID and I just make sure my settings only show my cell number (checked) and my personal email. The only question with this is that it might be only for "iMessage" texts. I'm not sure on this. I know that when I first set her phone up we were getting messages on a few of our devices (her i5 and her new iPad 4), so I just made sure the Messages only had our specific number checked.

What's weird is that I've never received the pop-up message you are referring to that you mistakenly hit "yes" on.

Good luck.

12. macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Ruh Roh!

[​IMG]

13. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Oh, poor OP. :( Went back into her post and deleted all content but alas, she couldn't remove the quoted text in all of the following posts. ;) Ahem.

14. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

----------
    I was wrong, I was betting it would take at least 5 posts before someone accused her of cheating on her husband, glad I'm not the only one that didn't jump there immediately.

15. macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

iDivorce.

16. macrumors regular

Apple's iMessage App. Exposing extra-marital affairs since 2011.

That's why google voice is such a nice addition. that or that one app with the burner numbers.

17. macrumors regular

5enohpi

Haha!!

----------

Shouldn't have been doing **** u weren't supposed to

18. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

LMAO, you cant decide to post something then delete it and think that you actually deleted it forever. LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course not!!! that's the ONLY reason people post such rings then think they can just delete the post . LOL. Not on this forum.
    Lets hope so for his sake.

19. macrumors 6502

The only things the OP will be sharing with her husband in the future are herpes, court filing fees, and custody of their children.

20. macrumors 6502

Scrub175

Text messages no. iMessage possible if you both used the same apple id to sign into iMessage. Lets hope the messages you didn't want seen were from someone not using an iPhone...

Cricket cricket.

21. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I don't think we should "hope" for anything other than the truth to be reveled to her husband. I actually "hope" that the poor person finds out what's really going on and both can move on with their lives instead of one trying to have pieces of two pies.

22. macrumors 6502

Scrub175

True. Benefit of the doubt it may be something besides cheating. But it walks like a duck and talks like a duck so it prolly is cheating.

23. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

If what I'm suspecting is true, poor husband :(.

24. Johnnygogo, Jan 25, 2013

macrumors member

I accidentally got pregnant by another man. How much sex do I have to have with my husband to switch the DNA of the baby to his. Please help ASAP. Hey at least this troll was entertaining. I call ba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.