Same Folding Username and Bundle on two Macs

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Aniej, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I was wondering if it is possible to have two separate powerbooks working at the same time on the same folding project? Right now I have two running under the same username, but each is working on a different set. Combining there efforts would be great.

Also are there any optimization tricks or tips that you know of and would recommend?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

In nearly 5 years of folding@home, I've never seen two machines working on the same exact work unit and I've had various combinations of machines.

However, they might be working on different parts of the same protein or other specifications about the two were different in some other way.

3. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

ok thanks. is there a way to make the protein image rotate automatically like a screen saver? if not can one of the other screen savers that shows the protein be used to fill in that one deficiency?

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I wouldn't know that the graphical client could rotate anything and you don't dare use the graphical and screen saver clients at the same time on the same protein; you'll wipe out the results. I've always suggested that people stay away from graphical versions because they suck the life out of the folding calculations.

5. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

ok thanks for all your help... add me to that thread of MR members who started and are now stopping folding. It just takes way too much time to get anything done.

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Aniej, why are you stopping already? Just because something ins't going your way you'll quit it? You don't have any stamina don't you?