Same song stops after 16 seconds on iPod, plays completely on iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Deo, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Deo
    macrumors newbie

My iPod is a 3rd generation 8 GB one. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. macrumors 68000

xlii

Just a thought but maybe there is an error in the (mp3) file that itunes can correct and continue with but the ipod cannot correct and the song stops.

I once had a mp3 that mediaplayer could play but iTunes couldn't. So I converted the song to wma then back to mp3 and now iTunes could play the new mp3 file.

3. Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Hi,
    I've had the exact same problem with one of my songs. It started with my 1. gen. shuffle when I still had windows. Then I got a nano and the problem persisted. Then I switched to Mac and reformatted the iPod - the problem persisted. I really have no clue what could be going on with this song.

I don't think that there's a solution. :eek:

4. macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I have a couple songs that do that as well. I have no idea why. I just re-downloaded the songs and that fixed them. Bad file I guess.

5. macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I bought an album from itunes store and it plays fine on my computer. It skips a few songs when I try to play it on the ipod. I tried a couple different ipods. I contacted itunes and they refunded my money. I didn't want to try downloading it again because it's so hard to contact them again if it doesn't work.