Same song stops after 16 seconds on iPod, plays completely on iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Deo, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Deo macrumors newbie

Jul 24, 2008
    My iPod is a 3rd generation 8 GB one. Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. xlii macrumors 68000

Sep 19, 2006
    Millis, Massachusetts
    Just a thought but maybe there is an error in the (mp3) file that itunes can correct and continue with but the ipod cannot correct and the song stops.

I once had a mp3 that mediaplayer could play but iTunes couldn't. So I converted the song to wma then back to mp3 and now iTunes could play the new mp3 file.
  3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

Oct 13, 2007
    I've had the exact same problem with one of my songs. It started with my 1. gen. shuffle when I still had windows. Then I got a nano and the problem persisted. Then I switched to Mac and reformatted the iPod - the problem persisted. I really have no clue what could be going on with this song.

I don't think that there's a solution. :eek:
  4. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

Oct 24, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I have a couple songs that do that as well. I have no idea why. I just re-downloaded the songs and that fixed them. Bad file I guess.
  5. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

Mar 26, 2008
    I bought an album from itunes store and it plays fine on my computer. It skips a few songs when I try to play it on the ipod. I tried a couple different ipods. I contacted itunes and they refunded my money. I didn't want to try downloading it again because it's so hard to contact them again if it doesn't work.