sampling MP3s

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by leothelion, May 24, 2004.

1. leothelion macrumors newbie

hi everyone,

I have been using garageband for a while now, and I have found it to be excellent. However, I have been asked to produce a piece of music for a small theatre production, and they would like to use a sample from an old LP. I have managed to get the song onto the computer as an MP3, then an AIFF, but once it is in garageband, I can't get it to work in time with the beat. Does anyone have any ideas how I could get this to work? I thought it would be easy, as samples like this have been used in songs for ages, but it's proving quite difficult!!

Thanks very much,

Leo

2. bella716 macrumors newbie

An apple newbie has an Ipod question for the apple experts

I just got a new Ipod. I went and installed the software on my friend's computer to get his songs, but it erased all the songs that I had put on from my computer. So when I go back to my computer to try and put my songs on again, I am afraid that it is going to erase his songs. Is there any way to upload songs from the ipod to my computer? I can always add my old songs in again. Please help. Thanks.

3. Harald4 macrumors member

Use Audio Hijack Pro to record, Audacity to process and www.myriad-online.com for any other problem. Be shure to invest a lot of time reading...

4. Harald4 macrumors member

Use Audio Hijack Pro to record to .aiff, Audacity to process and www.myriad-online.com for any other problem. Be shure to invest a lot of time reading...